Team members must be:
1. Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, an NUS student, and aged between 18 – 35 years old. Additionally, they must not have taken part in a YEP to qualify for the funding.
Foreigners may also apply, however they may not be eligible for YEP funding.
2. Medically fit with no pre-existing condition(s) that require long term care.
3. Able to fulfill the project's commitments.
4. Able to join the team with an open mind to make full use of the learning opportunities.
5. A team player.
The YEP experience involves 3 phases;
1. Pre-expedition phase (at Singapore Children's Society)
2. Expedition phase (at Bago City, Philippines),
3. Post-expedition phase (at Singapore Children's Society).
Team members are expected to attend team meetings every fortnight. However, this can get more frequent in preparation for fundraising events or local CIP.
There will also be a team retreat in May prior to the expedition phase.
Please refer to the schedule page for more details.
S$950 will be collected upfront. However it is likely that there will be refunds at the end of the project through project subsidies from the National Youth Council (NYC).
*Please bear in mind that there will be other expenses including medical checkups, vaccinations and team purchases that would have to come out of your own pocket first. These would be claimable at the end of the project and after the accounts are processed by NYC. However, this process may take some time and is dependent on NYC.